Sunday 5 October 2008

Kyouran Kazoku Nikki - Episode 24

To be quite honest, I simply don't know what to say about episode twenty-four of Kyouran Kazoku Nikki - On the one hand, I'm grateful that the series is at least moving towards a point when all is revealed about the Children of Enka and so on (although it seems like so long since they were last mentioned I doubt most people even remember the entire premise of the show in the first place), but on the other hand this shift in the story has come about at a rather bizarre time, leaving the Gouyokuou arc more or less hanging, and certainly not giving us any of the laughs that character brought us in the last episode.


Still, despite that loss we get to find out a little more about Kyouka's past, and also get a big, fat, brazen hint as to who is running everything over and above even Raichou at the Bureau of Paranormal Investigations or whatever it's called this week. The problem is, it's been so neglected that I've almost completely lost interest in the big picture, and after bemoaning the fact that it had almost been forgotten quite some time ago I've grown so used to individual story arcs which bear little relation to the whole Enka arc that it's virtually immaterial to me now.

With this in mind, I think that Kyouran Kazoku Nikki has pretty much lost my interest at this point beyond simply completing it, as it's going to take something rather special to brink me back towards feeling any kind of warmth for the series. To be fair, if one series has proved its ability to pull out something special out of nowhere recently, it's this one, but I don't really hold out much hope of it being able to do that on this occasion.

No comments: