Tuesday 31 March 2009

Chi's Sweet Home: Chi's New Address - Episodes 1-2

I don't think there will be much in the way of a contest if I assert that Chi's Sweet Home was the most adorable anime series of 2008, bringing us a cornucopia of brief episodes showing us the life of this sweet, trouble-maker of a kitten. So successful was its depiction of living with a cat that here we are in time for a second season, subtitled A New Home (not to be confused with A New Hope, which is a Star Wars movie).


Naturally, I won't be 'Blogging about this series every episode (even I'm not that crazy), but I thought I'd cover the opening pair of instalments if only to remind myself how cute Chi is (and also why hearing Ushio's voice in Clannad - After Story for the first time made me laugh so much - They share the same voice actress). Needless to say, she doesn't disappoint, loitering with intent to sneak out at the first available opportunity and hammering on doors to be let out much like my own cat. With our poor heroine trapped indoors, her family need to make a tough decision regarding her future and happiness, leading to dreams (or should I say nightmares) about a Chi-free world...

In all honesty, a series like Hetalia should take a long hard look at Chi's Sweet Home, which manages to pack more fun and interesting moments into three minutes than it manages in five. Of course, you have to love cats (and preferably have owned one) to "get it", but if you do then this series becomes oddly gripping in its own cute little way.

No comments: