Wednesday 25 March 2009

Hetalia Axis Powers - Episode 9

Well, we've been long overdue an episode making fun of America, and at last it arrives in episode nine of Axis Powers Hetalia.

I probably don't even need to mention the gags here, as it probably goes without saying that they're as stereotypical as they come, portraying America as geographically clueless and determined to play the hero in any given situation. I laughed out loud on both points though, no matter how predictable.


Away from America, Britain has bad food, France has overly extravagent dress sense, China is well organised and Russia has an underlying personality of evil brutality. Nothing cliched there either then.... While I have to admit this episode got a couple of laughs out of me, I still find myself wondering why I watch it beyond the fact that "its episodes are short". Not the most ringing endorsement of a series, it has to be said.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

But I love that episode! Russia's such a creeper, and France is so flashy! XD

Anonymous said...

I love that episode!! "I'll be the hero, of course!"
laugh laugh laugh
I like how everyone acts in this episode, too