Wednesday 13 May 2009

Hetalia Axis Powers - Episode 16

I was just thinking last week that we hadn't seen anything of China yet in Hetalia: Axis Powers, and what do you know the very next episode up pops China!

The episode in its entirety documents the relationship between China and Japan, giving them a big brother/little brother dynamic with the latter seeming rude and (initially at least) less well developed, but making fast progress into a rather smart if quiet sibling. My Asian history isn't really even close to being up to snuff enough to comment on that beyond noting that this was a relatively straight-laced episode, which does gain bonus points for featuring a panda, which can never be a bad thing.


We're also left this episode with a second trailer for "America's shed cleaning", which will apparantly be the focus of the next episode. Who knows what bizarre trails of history this will take us down? Mind you, said "trailer" does give us a pretty good hint...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this episode a lot! I love how that picture is there! With the panda and all, it really shows how random that part is!

Anonymous said...

China being my favourite, next to Russia and America, I simply adored this episode. Although it sorta bugged me that they left out the part where Japan made the sword and attacked China, and China drinking with Russia and sobbing. Would've been awesome.

And they replaced Tibet with that panda! xD So hilarious!

Wish they didn't though, but I still love the episode.