Friday 4 April 2008

Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Episode 9

After skimping on the laughs last time around, episode nine of Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei brings madcap humour aplenty to the table, even if some of the segments of the show are so insane I can't really be too sure what the Hell's going on.

The main storylines (if you can call them that) of this episode sees Maria doing her utmost to stop people spacing out (which makes me glad she doesn't know where I work...), while Chiri decides that the only way to become loved is by being ditzy, which does make her look oddly cute in all fairness, but her idea of how to be ditzy is borderline lethal to anyone in the vicinity.

Oh, and if that doesn't sound crazy enough for you, Zetsubou Sensei himself fights the monolith from the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey, amongst other things. No, I'm not quite sure where that came from either, but who cares as long as it's funny?

So, once again this show's decidedly weird humour manages to hit the mark enough to leave me giggling with both glee and amusement as it manages to balance each running gag within an episode just right so as not to bore you before moving on to something fresh and equally bizarre. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to be on my guard from surprise inspections...

No comments: