Sunday 8 February 2009

Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo - Episode 5

After ending up naked last episode (hey, we never saw that part!), it's fair to say that Akiha isn't best pleased by Leopard - Of course, our favourite AI isn't the one to back down in an argument, so before we know it the two aren't on speaking terms, and Akiha refuses to return to the colony, even at the request of Honoka.

Meanwhile, the fallout (with every pun intended) from episode four has also affected Itsuki, whose cover was blown by her actions, bringing her back to the attention of the ICP and leaving her to take drastic measures to try and resolve both the case surrounding Leopard's colony and her own private issues as quickly as possible - A turn of events which also reunites Akiha and Leopard, incidentally.

Finally, something is going on upon the surface of the Moon, and it's a state of affairs which will concern both Leopard and company as well as (for reasons as yet unknown) Akiha's mother and the Shishidou corporation as a whole.


Now, much as I've tried my best to care about all of these disparate plot points for the sake of this 'Blog, I have to confess that I don't give a monkey's nuts about the whole thing. To be quite honest the only thing that has kept Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo ticking over for me has been the amusement derived from watching Leopard, whose continuing "incompetent Lelouch" impression rarely ceases to put a smile on my face. Aside from that aspect of the series, there is a certain retro chic to this show that I can't quite put my finger on - Despite the use of CG and so on, it feels like something I would have watched (and probably not cared about the plot then either) as a kid, which almost serves to make this a "comfort anime" for me to watch on a weekly basis. I don't have a clue what it's about, but I continue to warm to it as each episode appears - Go figure.

No comments: