Wednesday 9 December 2009

Hetalia Axis Powers - Episode 46

Sending Italy on a stealth mission into Russian territory is never exactly the best idea in the world, yet that's exactly what Germany attempts to do in the brief opening to this episode. Needless to say, said mission doesn't go exactly to plan...


From here, the rest of this episode of Hetalia: Axis Powers concerns itself with hair styling, Middles Ages fashion, and in particular chronicles England's attempts to "look cool" by emulating the longer, grown out hairstyle of France, despite opposition from his "grown-ups". After managing to dodge their attentions for long enough, it turns out that long hair hasn't worked out so great for England after all, leaving it up to France to rectify the situation.

I suppose the entire hair story was mildly amusing here, but above all else it was beyond interesting to finally hear England's take on the show's closing theme song, an experience which left me with a wry smile on my face. I suppose rum and pudding weren't really the first things that sprang to mind when I was thinking of quintessentially English traits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a kick out of little England screaming "Don't fuck with me!" at the end. Cute!

Anonymous said...

Didn't really get the rum and pudding either but I did like how they tried emulating British Invasion ish rock.