Thursday 23 April 2009

Hetalia Axis Powers - Episode 13

Another episode of Hetalia Axis Powers means another pause for thought as I try to figure out what to write about regarding such a short episode.

I suppose Italy training by way of petting a cat and squeezing its paw was pretty noteworthy (and makes me thinking that maybe I should signed up for the armed forced myself, it all seems pretty fun), while England is trying to get his revenge on Germany by using magic, which I like to think is an homage to Paul Daniels. Not a lot, but I like it.


Oh, and of course there's the friendly faced Russia who appears to be some kind of psychopath beneath the surface - Perhaps one of the better caricatures that this series has put forward as it seems to represent the slightly schizophrenic assumptions and feelings towards modern-day Russia that the West holds rather well. So, this was another episode that didn't make me laugh out loud at all (and from my "outside looking in" perspective I'm stunned at the commissioning of a second season), but it was still relatively enjoyable so I can't complain about it too much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

home age= actually should be 'homage'

Kirie said...

It's a reference to Crowley and and the UK using him, as well as generally witches and magicians, against the equally then-supersitious Germany.

The V sign originates from the the symbol of Apophis/destruction, that stands against Germany's victory sun-symbol, a sort of 'we'll destroy Germany'.

And lol Russia.

I can't believe Hetalia actualy picked this up.