Wednesday 15 April 2009

Hetalia Axis Powers - Episode 12

The various episodes of Hetalia Axis Powers thus far have generally left me either laughing out loud on occasion or (more frequently) scratching my head wondering if I'm missing something. Episode twelve of this series of short instalments sits somewhere between these two extremes, although thankfully closer to the former than the latter.


The "reconstruction" of France and England allying is mildly amusing to me as an Englishman (who probably doesn't hate the French as much as I'm traditionally supposed to), while rewinding back to World War II (wouldn't this series be better if it tried to keep some semblance of chronology?) I did chuckle slightly at Italy's answer to the question "What do you do if you see England?", which involved the use of white handkerchiefs and flags. A better episode than many prior instalments of Hetalia Axis Powers in other words, and at least it featured stereotypes than I can smile and nod at, but still not really a classic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a weird episode...and i know it's true