Sunday 22 February 2009

Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo - Episode 7

The end of the last episode of Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo had us all set for a big face-off, and so this episode delivers it, as Leopard comes face to face with his old enemy Nerval in the battles of the big talking... colony things.

Nerval's surprise appearance (and confirmation as "the bad guy" of the series) gives him the upper hand, allowing him to freeze Leopard's colony in its entirety, together with anything else in the vicinity. This puts Akiha, Honoka and Itsuki in a tight spot before help comes in the surprising form of Akiha's sister Takane, who appears to have rather more in the way of combat skills than we may have expected. Anyhow, come the end of the episode Leopard wins the day (for now), and Akiha appears to now be officially landed the job of helping him to defeat Nerval, the scourge of humanity that he is, once and for all.


Yet again, I found myself spending most of this episode trying to figure out what the Hell is going on - Everything keeps on moving at a mile a minute without any pause for thought or reflection, and by the end of it I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to be as confused as Akiha seemed to be or not. Still, this episode's fast-flowing pace did at least ensure that it remains fun (even if it is nonsensical fun), as it continues to sport its old-school feel and attitude that somehow lets it get away with being a bit daft and pointless without me rolling my eyes at it too much. Sadly, Leopard didn't get too much opportunity for comic interludes here, although I suppose mention should be made of his golden orbs shrinking in the cold, a gag which I'm sure requires no explanation.

Oh well, perhaps episode eight will finally allow me to understand what in the name of all that is Holy is going on in this series. Then again, probably not, but I would wager that I won't care anyway as long as it's all good mindless fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks For Sharing!!!



Regards,
Anime