Sunday 15 February 2009

Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo - Episode 6

Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo continues along its merry way with episode six, delivering yet another episode that I feel like I only have the most tenuous of grasps of.

After receiving her mission last time out, by the start of this episode Akiha has made it to the moon alongisde Honoka, and with Itsuki in tow to help out with this particular piece of thievery in order to be granted an audience with Leopard - Not such a big deal considering her cover has been blown and the ICP now knows she faked her own death.


So, this episode deals with the group's infiltration into the base on the moon, accidentally freeing all of its prisoners and causing a revolt before stumbling into what proves to be an impromptu family reunion for Akiha, as she meets her younger sister before realising that another familiar face is in peril. Some memories come flooding back for Itsuki too, courtesy of people with boxes on their heads (I'm not making this stuff up, honest), and come the end of the episode it appears that somebody with a bit of a grudge against Leopard is about to make himself known.

Once again, a lot of this episode seems to be almost impenetrably nonsensical, yet despite not being able to really get a handle on what the Hell is going on it doesn't seem to stop me from enjoying it to a certain degree - Indeed, I would hazard a guess that I'm probably enjoying it more on account of it not making all that much sense. Anyhow, I have to say that this isn't the series best episode simply because there wasn't enough Leopard, with his one-man (one -AI?) radio show proving to be the best moment by far. That aside though, I still haven't figured out exactly what has prevented me from either hating or dropping this series, but it's clearly doing something right because I continue to find it a pretty watchable affair.

No comments: