Friday 26 September 2008

Allison to Lillia - Episode 20

After the last episode of Allison to Lillia, I was all but ready to get Treize to just get on with it and tell Lillia he's royalty, but I have to admit that by the end of this episode I'm all but down on my knees pleading for him to get this particular plot point out of the way - His parents have been kidnapped and held at gunpoint, he's on his way to rescue them, yet he's still spouting nonsense to stop Lillia finding out the truth for no particular reason.


After being held at gunpoint last time around, we get to find out just what the woman who has taken Fiona hostage wants - Ikstova's secret treasure in short, even though she doesn't have a clue what the treasure actually is. She's going to be pretty annoyed if it's an Allison to Lillia DVD box set, I can tell you, although considering she is still doing a good job of looking like the angriest woman in the world, I'm not sure she'd actually be able to get any more pissed off. Fiona also makes an attempt to bluff to the woman regarding what the treasure is, but quite frankly she's rubbish at it. "Okay, you got me, I'll tell you what the treasure is! It's actually.... generosity... and, err.... pigeons. Yes, that's it! Really big... pigeons."

In case anyone hadn't guessed last episode, we also get a big fat hint dropped that the woman in question is the daughter of the guy who got blown off a rooftop by Allison's plane earlier in the series, a particular item of implausible hilarity I really didn't need to be reminded of. This reminder is brought to us by Allison meeting the guard (now chief of police) Warren in a cafe, whereupon we're offered the inevitable flashback sequence, as Warren reminisces. "I can still remember the happenings of that day vividly... I've never seen anything so stupid in my life" he tells Allison. Well, I made the second bit up, but only because I don't think he was around to see the regenerating knife and plane blowing man off building shenanigans at that point in the episode.

Meanwhile, one of the royal bodyguards manages to escape and tell Treize whats going on, so he sets off with Lillia down a secret tunnel (these royal families and their secret tunnels, eh?) with no plan or equipment but for some vague notion that he needs to save his parents. The head of police is in a cafe enjoying a coffee you idiot, go and find him! Aside from a mine cart ride (although this isn't a mine, it's a tunnel, so I'm not too sure what it's doing there) absolutely nothing happens here at all, until the discovery of some dynamite at the end of the episode. I can already see the inevitable climax to this story arc where Treize saves his family by blowing them to smithereens...

To be honest, this was rather a slow episode, with all of its major points being dragged out rather too long. Besides which, where's Wil gone? Once again, he seems to have vanished until the very end when he's no longer required, which I suppose may well be the best place for him. Still, episode twenty-one promises a really big explosion if nothing else, which gives us something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angry woman needs to calm down a bit- she's going to end up with some serious wrinkles.