Sunday 27 January 2008

True Tears - Episode 4

Episode three of True Tears ended with a real "I need the next episode now!" moment - Sure, it was an anime/TV/movie cliché 'Person A overhears person B talking about person A and hears something he or she would rather not' moment, but it (together with the general quality of the show so far) left me aching for more.

True to form, episode four really doesn't disappoint, moving on Shinichirō's relationship with the three girls who are the stars of the show markedly, and each in its own unique fashion. This is truly one of those shows where you know your emotions and feelings for the main characters are being toyed with mercilessly, but hop on the roller-coaster and enjoy that ride and it's hard not to love every minute of True Tears.

While it would be way too early to hail this anime as perfect, and it can't really be called a work of genius on account of the fact that this kind of show has been done many a time before, True Tears is nonetheless proving to be a masterpiece thus far - The animation and artwork is simply beautiful, the characterisation is wonderfully engaging, and the emotional feel of each episode is perfectly balanced between lighter and more serious, poignant moments. I really feel that I should put a 'but' in there somewhere, but I can't... I'm simply struggling to find any negatives to offset the myriad good things I have to say about this anime thus far. Roll on episode five, once again I simply can't wait!

No comments: