Saturday 21 January 2012

Happy 4th birthday Hanners' Anime 'Blog

As the realisation came to me earlier this month that it's almost time for this 'blog's "birthday", I figured that I'd done pretty well to hit the three year mark.  It was at that point I realised that I started the 'blog in the January of 2008, making this the fourth anniversary of the site's inception.

So here I am, four years later with almost 2,400 entries, close to a million unique page views and almost 150 series, OVA and movies marked with the "completed" tag - I'm nothing if not perseverant when it comes to seeing some half-baked idea through to the bitter end.

I've never really framed my work on this 'blog in terms of goals, successes or failures - it's just for fun and so that I can keep track of my thoughts, which is becoming ever-more important for me in terms of my work for UK Anime in a world where legal streaming of new shows is becoming increasingly commonplace.


Given that my aims for the 'blog are largely internal, I'm amazed that anyone reads my ramblings at all, but given that you're ready this post right now I'd like to thank you for your interest, time and support over the years, and hopefully you (and I) will still be around for the big fifth anniversary in 2013!

No comments: